Applications are invited to apply for Chevening Scholarship 2020 in the UK from the Government of UK. Chevening Scholarship in UK 2020 Round is open for all the international Students from all around the world to pursue their Master Degree.
The scholarship offers Full Financial Support to study for an eligible Master’s degree at any UK university whilst also giving access to a wide range of exclusive academic, professional, and cultural experiences. All-Academic Fields are available for Master Degree.
You are Free to Choose from over 12,000 master’s courses at over 150 different higher education institutions. The Duration of the Master Degree in the UK will be for One Year. You will live and study in the UK for a year. Chevening represents the very best of the UK, welcoming exceptional people from across the world to study, grow and thrive at some of the world’s best universities.
Chevening Scholarship 2020 in UK Details
- Country: United Kingdom
- Course Level: One Year Master Degree
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded From UK Government
- Deadline: 5th November 2019
About Chevening Scholarship
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with demonstrable leadership potential who also have strong academic backgrounds and a strong vision for the future.
You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
Chevening Scholarship Courses (How to Select a Course & University)
- You are Free to Choose from over 12,000 Master’s Courses from over 150 different higher education institutions.
- Your Chevening Application must list at least Three Courses.
- All Courses are One Year Master Program.
Pro Tip: Please apply in more than 3 universities, at least 5 to 6 to secure admission, this is because if you didn’t secure admission in any of the University mentioned in your application form and has admission in 4th University (which is not mentioned in the application form) than your scholarship can still be secured. If you have been called for an interview than in the interview you can let them know about the 4th University in which you have an admission offer.
University Application: YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE ADMISSION LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY TO APPLY FOR CHEVENING AT THIS POINT. Give preference to Universities in your application which you feel is the brightest chances of getting admission. But you can change the preference later at the interview stage.
NOTE: To be awarded a Scholarship, you must get an unconditional offer for one of your course choices by 16 July 2020.
Chevening Scholarships are offered Over 160 countries. Check the LIST OF ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES
Eligible Types of Work Experience
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
- Read More Details About Chevening Work Experience
English Language Requirements
In order to receive a Chevening Scholarship, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled Chevening’s English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
- Read More About Chevening Scholarship English Language Requirements
Chevening Scholarship Requirements & Eligibility Criteria
Chevening Scholarship is an international Scholarship for all the International Students & have the Eligibility Criteria for all given below.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
Financial Coverage & Chevening Scholarship Amount
Chevening Scholarship is a Fully Funded all expenses covered Scholarship for all the International Students & will cover the following expenses.
- University Tuition Fees
- A Monthly Stipend
- Travel Costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A Homeward departure Allowance
- The cost of one Visa Application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
The last date to apply for all the students from all over the world for the Chevening scholarship is 5th November 2019 BST Time. (Note that You can Upload Docs till 16 July 2020)
- 5 August 2019: Application Open
- 5 November 2019: Application Close
- Mid-November to December 2019: Reading Committee Assessments
- Early to Mid February 2020: Applicants Shorlisted for interviews
- 25 February 2020: References And Education Document Deadline
- 2 March to 1st May 2020: Interview Take Place
- Early June 2020: Results
- 16 July 2020: English Language Submission Deadline
- September/October 2020: Studies Begin in the UK
How to Apply For Chevening Scholarship
All Chevening Applications must be submitted through the online application system. Check the Links below for Chevening Scholarship 2020-21 From the Government of UK.