Applications are invited to apply for the DAV Summer School 2019 in Toronto. This Summer School in Canada is a Fully Funded Summer School. Summer School will Run From 25-28th June 2019.
The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science.
The program includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science, as well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories. The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas at CREATE DAV, which includes research on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics, virtual human modeling, serious games, natural language processing, human perception & cognition, visualization & design.
DAV Summer School 2019 Details
Summer School Dates: 25-28th June 2019
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Signal Processing
- Computer Vision
- Geomatics Engineering
- Computer Graphics
- Virtual Human Modeling
- Serious Games
- Natural Language Processing
- Human Perception & Cognition
- Visualization & Design
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply
- The program accepts undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career a career in the big data science.
- It is intended mainly for students who are planning to apply to graduate school in late 2019, and are interested in investigating interdisciplinary research aspects of the big data science. Citizens of all countries are eligible.
The program covers all transportation costs and provides on-campus accommodations and meals.
Note: They accept applicants from anywhere; however, the program will cover travel expenses up to 1000 CAD. In other words, should the cost of the travel exceed that amount, the applicant will be responsible for paying the remainder of their travel expenses.
The application deadline For the DAV Summer School 2019 is March 15, 2019. The applicants will be notified of decisions by April 9, 2019.
How to Apply
The Link of the Online Application Form for the summer school online application is given below. The Official Advertisement is also given below.
The application package consists of the following:
- A completed online application form
- An academic reference letter, which should be sent from a referee directly to CREATE DAV Program.
Reference letters can be sent by email to email@example.com or by mail to Irina Kapsh, CREATE DAV Program, York University, 4700 Keele Street, LAS 3032, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3. In your letter, describe how you know the applicant, their prospects for an academic career, and how they would benefit from attending the summer school.