Applications are invited to Apply for the United Nations Fellowship Program 2019 Fully Funded in the Netherlands. The Duration of the United Nations Summer Camp will be 6 Weeks & the dates of the fellowship are from 1 July to 9 August 2019. The UN Fellowship program will be held at the Peace Palace in the Hague, the Netherlands.
The UN Summer Exchange Program provides high-quality training. The interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on contemporary issues. The 2019 Programme will be conducted in English.
This Student Exchange program consists of an Annual Six-week International Summer School course at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands. The participants attend lectures and seminars in international law organized by the Codification Division as well as the public international law session at The Hague Academy of International Law.
United Nations Fellowship Program 2019 Details
- Country: Netherlands
- Duration: 6 Weeks
- Cost: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 20th Feb 2019
The 2019 Fellowship Programme will be held at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands, from 1 July to 9 August 2019. It will be conducted in English. It’s Like a united nations summer internships.
Topics & Theme
The topics that will be covered in the seminars and lectures organized by the Codification Division. The Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by prominent international law scholars and a broad range of core topics of international law. Allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on contemporary issues of international law.
- International law
- Treaty law
- State responsibility
- International peace and security
- Peaceful settlement of international disputes
- Diplomatic and consular law
- International organizations
- United Nations institutions and lawmaking
- The work of the International Law Commission
- International human rights law
- International humanitarian law
- International criminal law
- International environmental law
- Law of the sea
- International trade law
- International investment law
- Legal research
- Legislative drafting
The United Nations Fellowship Program 2019 is a Fully Funded Summer Exchange Program & will cover the following Expenses.
- The Travel costs in economy class
- Medical insurance
- Participation in the Fellowship Programme
- The training material and the registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law.
- Participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
Qualified candidates may also apply for self-funded positions. Self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation (travel, accommodation, living expenses and registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law). Training materials are provided to all self-funded participants free of charge.
- To qualify for the Fellowship Programme, candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- The selected participants are required to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entirety of the course on a full-time basis.
- The 2019 Fellowship Programme will be conducted in English. Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
The Last Date to Apply for the United Nations Fellowship Program 2019 is 20 February 2019. Incomplete applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form in English, typewritten. Answers should be clear and as detailed as possible. If you need extra space, you may attach additional pages. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The “Letter of Transmission” must be completed and signed by a senior official of the institution that is presenting the candidate’s application.
- A candidate whose mother tongue or language of instruction is not English must submit evidence of his/her ability to attend and participate in lectures and seminars conducted in English (e.g., diploma of courses conducted in English, language test certificate, extensive work experience in English).
The application should be sent by email to: email@example.com
Two versions of the application form must be submitted:
- One scanned copy of the signed original (for example in PDF or JPG)
- One electronic MS Word version (or equivalent) of the application.