Applications are now open to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship 2019. This Year Korean Government Scholarship Program is Known as Global Korea Scholarship 2019 by the Government of Korea. Global Korea Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarships in South Korea for international students 2019.
The Korean Government Scholarship (KGSP 2019) will select 840 international students from 155 countries who want to pursue a graduate level degree (Master’s or Doctoral) or Research in Korea. Last Year in the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2018 700 students were selected for a scholarship in Korea.
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen the mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. Read the Important Details below for the Korea government scholarship program.
Korean Government Scholarship 2019 Details
- Country: Korea
- No. of Scholarships: 840 Candidates
- Course Level: Master’s Degree Programs, Ph.D. Programs
- Duration: 4 Year, 3 Year, 1 Year
- Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy
Available Fields of Study
- For more detailed information on majors (fields of study) offered by the universities, refer to the File by CLICKING HERE.
- Applicants must choose their majors (fields of study) that are only listed in the Above File.
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years (2019. 9. 1. ~ 2023. 8. 31.)
- 1 year of Korean language program
- 3 years of a regular degree program
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years (2019. 9. 1. ~ 2022. 8. 31.)
- 1 year of Korean language program
- 2 years of the degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months (2019. 9. 1. ~ 2020. 2. 29.)
Korean Government Scholarship Benefits
Korean government scholarship program is a Fully Funded Scholarship for all International Students in which You will get the following.
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors:240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Full Free
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Exception: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold ‘Permanent Residency Permit’ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.)
- Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2019 (born after September 1, 1979)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2019 (born after September 1, 1974) and hold citizenship of one of Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s or a Doctoral degree by August 31st, 2019.
- Doctoral Program Applicants: Must hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Master’s degree
- Master’s Program Applicants: Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
- Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s
designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
- Program for Education·Science·Culture·International Professionals: Must hold a Master’s
degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying. The official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript must be submitted by August 31st, 2019 at the very latest.
- In case an applicant fails to submit the above-mentioned document by August 31st, 2019 or does not fulfill the grade requirement, the scholarship will be forfeited.
- Applicants who have previously studied in a Korean university as an exchange or visiting students can apply to this program.
There is no need for IELTS and recommendation letter from Korean professor. IELTS or TOPIK is just an option.
- The Application Deadline For KGSP Scholarship 2019 is set by each Korean embassy or university.
- All applicants must check the deadline of application submission by contacting their relevant embassy or desired university directly.
- Please refer to the following for contact information:
- Korean Embassies in foreign countries: Refer to Appendix B
- Korean Universities: Refer to Appendix C or the “University Information” file(attached to GKS-G Announcement post).
How to Apply
There are Two procedures to Apply for the Korean Government Scholarship 2019. You Can Select Any One. The Important Links are Given below. Check Korean government scholarship application form Below in Link.
- Embassy Track
- Applicants must choose THREE desired universities and available fields of study among 67 universities listed in section III.
- Applicants that pass the 2nd round of selection will go through university admission in the 3rd round of selection (Refer to “4. Selection Procedure” below).
- You will find the deadlines of applications for KGSP from embassy of Korea in your country
- University Track
- Applicants must choose a major and ONE desired university among 67 universities.