BLUE MEAT RADISH FLOWERS, APPLE, CITRON AND NEROLI SAUCE
- 1 big radish blue meat
- 1 big tart apple
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small citron
- Sansho ground (Japanese pepper)
- Neroli sauce :
- 1 tbsp sweet mustard
- 4 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom
- 6 tablespoons of oil with a neutral taste
- Slice the radish and the apple on the mandolin to obtain thin transparent and soft washers.
- Lemon apples so that they do not oxidize.
- Fold the slices of radishes and apples in half and roll them into cones to form the “flowers”. Arrange on the plates.
- Finely slice the citron to the mandolin to obtain small ribbons, roll them to obtain mini cones / flowers, and arrange 5 or 6 on each plate in the middle of radish and apple flowers.
- Mix the ingredients of Neroli sauce without oil in a personal blender or mini-blender. Add the oil and mix to emulsify well.
- Pour the sauce gently on the flowers, sprinkle with a little ground Sansho and enjoy without delay.
The slices can be sliced a few hours before and kept separately on plates filmed cool. The sauce can be kept for several days in a fresh jar and will go well with salads and raw vegetables. You can replace the radish blue meat with red meat or another large sweet radish or with roe kale. You can replace the citron with some zest of lemon and Sansho with Sichuan pepper.